THE PRIVATE MORTGAGE INVESTING PROCESS
The process can be summarized into 5 key steps. This is a simplified version of the process and we can help you with preparing to fund your first deal. Rather than provide information that would mislead, confuse, or quickly become outdated; we encourage you to Contact us to learn more about the process and be taken through a deal example.
Please ensure to additionally read about How to Become a Private Lender to fully understand this investment opportunity.
HOW DOES THE LENDING PROCESS WORK
- Prepare Your Capital – You need to have your capital available to lend out. This involves some of the following: liquidating assets, opening bank accounts, opening lines of credit, and/or opening self-directed registered accounts (RRSPs, RRIFs, RESPs) and TFSAs.
- Receive and Review Opportunities – Based on your lending criteria you will be sent opportunities that we have pre-negotiated, packaged, and performed our own due diligence on. We follow a process similar to wholesaling. All lenders are encouraged to use the 5 C’s of Credit as a framework to objectively determine creditworthiness. There are several documents you will receive for review.
- Lender Disclosure (Includes a Deal Summary, recommendations, and accepted offer.)
- 3rd Party Appraisal – From a licensed real estate appraisal professional (includes estimated “As Is” market value, interior pictures, measurements, comparable listings, and comments from the appraiser.)
- Complete Application
- Equifax Credit Reports
- Offer to Purchase and All Related Documents (If Applicable)
- Current or Historical Land Title (Recent copy) and Property Tax Certificate/Roll
- All Property Related Documents (If Applicable) (For investment, rural, construction, and commercial properties.)
- Information on First and Second Mortgages, Caveats, Liens, Etc.
- Account Statements (If Applicable) (For all debts lender would like paid off.)
- Valid ID from All Applicants
- Income Documents
- Full/Part Time & Salaried Employees
- Letter of Employment, Two Recent Paystubs (Less than 60 days old.), Etc.
- Self Employed
- Notice of Assessment, T1 General, Financial Statements, 3-12 Months Bank Statements, Etc.
- *Any other special documents as required to ensure lenders interests are protected.
Ready to invest? Contact us, we look forward to investing with you!